Monday, August 8, 2022

'Wytchwood' is Absolutely Breathtaking (100th Blog Post)

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


Sometimes being an adult can be so tiring and difficult and you can get that urge to relax and feel like a kid again, even if just a little bit. This kind of feeling can make fairytales so appealing, because when we all read fairytales, it was such a simpler time for so many of us. But you know what kind of fairytales are somewhat lacking? Fairytales catered more towards adults. Well, not anymore.



Wytchwood is an incredibly stunning crafting game with fairytale elements. The character you play is a little old witch who lives in the woods and the goal is to craft a variety of potions and items with items you forage yourself within nearby forests and other locations such as your ow garden. There are also a number of tasks you need to do for other characters in order to progress in the game, such as chopping wood or feeding aimals.



I can say with all honesty that Wytchwood was instantly one of my favourite games that I never knew I need in my life. The art style is this beautiful gothic yet cozy style, and something about it just made my heart so happy. I also couldn't help but fall in love with how stunning each area looked, making each one of them so memorable. The music and sounds of this game were also incredible yet subtle enough to not take too much attention away from the visual art of the game.



I could not simply recommend this to one type of person. I think almost any age and any type of gamer could enjoy this game for sure. The gameplay isn't insanely difficult, the crafting and foraging systems are perfect, and I just feel like it's such a pleasure to experience this game that only goes for around 10 hours. If you want a beautiful crafting game about fairytales with a gothic twist, I highly recommend Wytchwood.



What is your favourite cozy crafting game? Comment down below! Also a huge thank you to Whitethorn Games for giving me a key to review this game, I will definitely be getting it on more platforms, and maybe even physically down the track! Also, this being my 100th blog post feels so special. I have loved so many games I have reviewed for a long time after reviewing them, but this has got to be by far one of my favourites. Thank you all so much for the love and support throughout my first 100 posts, and here's to 100 more!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment