Monday, August 15, 2022

Why I Think A New Banjo Kazooie Game is a No-Brainer

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


If you have known me or read my content for a long time, you probably already know that my favourite game of all time is Banjo Kazooie. There's just something about that game, and about that franchise in general that instantly can make me happy. Although I adore playing all of the currently released main series games (yes, even THAT one), the handful of spinoffs and even the amazing rom hacks, there is always that itch that needs to be scratched. I am constantly wishing for a new Banjo Kazooie game or even a remaster, and I know I'm not the only one. By this point it's a no-brainer, and here is why...



Banjo Kazooie is, by far, one of the most beloved platformers of all time. Ever since its release in 1998, it has just become more and more popular with so many loving the game, whether recent or since day one. There is just something about the bear and bird duo that just brings so much happiness and positivity to so many of our lives, and I know for a fact there is no way both Microsoft and Nintendo can't see this. This has been especially shown with the huge reactions from the fans whenever there has been any type of new collab or announcement regarding the franchise.



There have been a couple of Banjo Kazooie in-game collabs in recent years. One of the biggest ones by far, even though it was quite subtle, was the bear and bird cosmetics in Sea of Thieves. These cosmetics are absolutely stunning. I recently played Sea of Thieves for the first time, which meant I could finally use my bear and bird cosmetics on my ship that I had already owned for years. Although the price for these cosmetics may have seemed like a lot at the time, the second I saw them in-game they were 100% worth it. I know for sure I am not the only one falling in love with this set.



The other really big collaboration Banjo Kazooie has been a part of is one of the biggest franchises of all time, Super Smash Bros. When Banjo & Kazooie were announced for this game, the reaction was honestly iconic. People that had loved the games their whole lives cried (including me), people who were avid Smash players instantly changed their mains (including me), and some people got to just embrace the hype that Banjo Kazooie brings with it. Their character did not disappoint either. They brought some of the most iconic moves, spirits and music of all time in the Smash franchise. Plus their stage gave us another glimmer of hope for the future of the franchise.



The day that it was announced that Banjo Kazooie was coming to the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion, is the day that I happy cried for the first time in a very long time. Not only did we find out we were going to get to play it in a new place, but it was like the announce of a homecoming. Banjo Kazooie had been off of Nintendo consoles for so many years, and just years earlier we heard about Smash, but this was just the cherry on top of it all. I still remember the flood of emotions I felt this day, and it still just shows that there is still space for a new game from the franchise on not only a Microsoft console, but even on a rival console like the Nintendo Switch.



By far one of the most weirdly iconic Banjo Kazooie collabs has got to be their most recent one, G Fuel. I feel like G Fuel makes products for only the most popular and trendy games, and they definitely made the right choice with this one. I am so excited for their Honey Berry flavour to ship next month, and it's just the cherry on top that it comes with a limited edition YouTooz figurine, which is yet another collab we have seen recently. I am mega excited for this, and I hope the right people can see how excited we are and give us what we crave.



Do you think it's time for a new Banjo Kazooie game? Or has this nostalgia train quietly now left the station? Personally, I think now, or even in a couple of years is the perfect time to release a new game. I feel like there has been so much love for the franchise, and more now than ever, that it is time for sure. But only time can tell. And I must say, I have a few little projects that I am starting soon in relation to the bear and bird, so stay tuned. :)


Have a nice day! 


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment