Sunday, August 7, 2022

Enter the Story-Rich World of 'Digimon Survive'

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer


Ever since the franchise debuted in 1997, the Digimon franchise has been known by many as "a Pokemon clone", but it is so much more than that. Like many, I grew up with both Digimon and Pokemon, but both franchises just have so much to offer. The Digimon games have covered such a diverse number of genres though, and I feel like they are so much more story driven and released much less frequently which makes their releases even more exciting.



We were recently blessed with the long awaited release of Digimon Survive. It is a combination between a visual novel, a tactical rpg, an adventure game and a survival game, and all of these genres are utilized so well. The game starts off quite slow, but I found myself fully invested the second I started playing this game. It may be because it had been a while since I had a dose of Digimon, but this game is so undoubtedly good.



All the characters in this game have such amazing designs. Whether it's a human or Digimon, I just found myself in awe of how amazing the game looked, especially within the actually action parts, and of course the visual novel parts look phenomenal. I feel like all the characters are all just so unique and incredible, which creates such a connection between the player and so many characters.



The difficulty of this game is also a lot. I found myself having to restart the game a couple of times already, but it felt so good when I managed to progress further each time. It may be the hardest game in the series for me, but it may also be the best game of the series in my opinion. Something about getting past a difficult section just makes you feel such a huge level of accomplishment, and that's what I love when it comes to difficult games.



While I think it would take some getting used to, I think this game is the perfect entry into the world of Digimon games. The difficulty will make it highly appealing to people who love a challenge, while the story will rope people in and want them to play more. Obviously this game is also great for Digimon fans as it is probably the most "grown up" Digimon game we have ever had. I am so glad the waiting was all worth it in the end.


What is your favourite Digimon game? Comment down below!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment