Saturday, August 20, 2022

'We Are OFK' (Episode 1+2), Nothing Short of Brilliant

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

Virtual artists and groups have become such a popular artform, especially in the past few years. They allow us to experience the things we love without the hustle and bustle of trying to get tickets to the event or get their attention. While it isn't necessarily a new concept, it's definitely taken over the music scene in the past few years, and now, it's even taking the video game world by storm.

We Are OFK is essentially a mix between a biopic and a visual novel to premiere and celebrate the EP release of a virtual Los Angeles band, OFK'. It is also the bands coming-of-age story, and is extremely relatable to a fellow queer person like me since all four members of OFK are part of the LGBTQIA+ community. Their story is episodic and will be released as follows:
- August 18th, Episode 1 + 2
- August 25th, Episode 3
- September 1st, Episode 4
- September 8th, Episode 5 

Visually, We Are OFK is absolutely stunning. I love the soft artwork as it's such a contrast to some of the themes explored in it. The music so far is also absolutely incredible. Before I even knew their story, OFK was already such a pleasure to oistent to, but experiencing this just made me adore them more. I'd even still class it as a cozy game for sure which is always a win in my books.

The story feels not only insightful but also extremely accurate so far. I know from experience that the music industry can be extremely cutthroat, and I imagine it's even worse in places like Los Angeles. I also love how much I can really connect with each character. With the first two episodes being a little less than an hour, and the remaining three being just a little bit over an hour long, we get to spend around 5 hours getting to connect even more. Not only am I excited to experience each episode, but I have literally planned time in the next 3 weeks to watch them on release day in comfort. And just for the record, I love all four members of OFK with my whole being, but my favourite so far has to be Luca.

I highly recommend We Are OFK for people who want a realistic look into the music industry, but also a considerably relaxing experience. I am honestly in love with it so far, and I am far to excited to both experience and write about the other 3 episodes. Also do not let it deter you that it took me two whole days to figure out what to say about this brilliant game. 

Have you or will you be playing We Are OFK? Comment down below! Also a huge thank you to Team OFK for a copy of the game to review, I plan to get the physical version and the vinyl still but it absolutely made my week! Also stay tuned for 3 more posts as the episodes are released!

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment