Friday, August 5, 2022

My Opinion on 'Hogwarts Legacy'

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer


Cancel culture is hot and heavy in this day and age. Some pretty extreme people will cancel you and shame you for liking certain things, even if you're an adult who has every right to make those decisions. One of the most recent times that has everyone divided is Harry Potter, or more specifically JK Rowling. This has lead to a lot of mixed and intense feelings towards the upcoming Hogwarts Legacy game, but I have my own opinion on the situation.



When it comes to the wizarding world, not many franchises have been so imperative to so many of our childhoods, but this has unfortunately been overshadowed by the pretty controversial opinions of the creator of that world, JK Rowling. While I totally understand people's reasoning for boycotting the franchise, I think it's still very important to create and maintain our own personal opinion's, instead of hating stuff because it's trendy. It can be easier said than done, but at the end of the day it is your decision what you do and don't do.



I don't want to ruffle anybody's feathers in any way, but here is my personal opinion. I personally will probably be playing Hogwarts Legacy, and while not everybody will be okay with that, at the end of the day I'm okay with it. I, like many other people, grew up with the Harry Potter franchise whether it's the books, films or games, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I feel like I'd be letting myself down if I chose not to get this game just because of other people's opinions.



Visually, this game looks phenomenal so far. Honestly it looks like everything so many of us hoped for before this JK Rowling drama came to light, and I am insanely excited for its release. And yes, while she will probably be making some kind of money out of it, so will the team behind the game that has probably worked tirelessly on making a game that people will love. Again, while I understand why people are against this game and franchise in general, I also think we need to make our own decisions as we are free to have our own opinions. While I potentially won't get in people's faces about playing this game, I'm just ready to enjoy the experience.



Will you be playing Hogwarts Legacy? Comment down below!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer

No comments:

Post a Comment