Thursday, August 11, 2022

'Rune Factory 5', A Must Have in 2022

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

By far one of my favourite types of games is a good old farming simulator. But what can make a farming sim even better? The addition of gimmicks or other genres. I find the more you have to do in games such as these, the more engaged and enthralled you can become in such a type of game.


Rune Factory 5, as you can imagine, is the fifth instalment in the Rune Factory series. These games are farming simulators with RPG elements. In this entry, you play an earthling with amnesia who joins a group of rangers that need to assist in keeping the peace in the town known as Rigbarth. The town is not aware that you are an earthling though, which I find pretty essential to the story. I would also like to note, you get to pick your gender in this game, which can be a very important factor in games such as this. I also really love that, unlike the past entries of the Rune Factory series, there is finally same sex marriage, which just makes these games more exciting and more desirable than ever.



The art style of this game is of course stunning. Whether it's within the actual gameplay, or within the parts that are similar to a visual novel stylistically. I know past entries were stunning in their own right, but Hakama Inc. outdid themselves and exceeded (hehe, get it? XSEED!) expectations with Rune Factory 5. The character design was definitely one of the best parts too. Like, I'm talking husbandos and waifus galore. As per usual the soundtrack is also phenomenal and full of underrated gems. I was not disappointed by all this game in any way, shape or form.



Rune Factory 5 is phenomenal, and I recommend it to not only lovers of the past Rune Factory entries, but I also truly think this is the perfect game to play if you are new to the series. There is so much to do in this game, and even though I have only played the beginning of it so far and barely scraped the surface, I am so in love with it and excited to play what is said to be 40 to 55 hours of gameplay. So not only is this game beautiful, but there's a lot to be done in it, which just makes me love it more. This is a must have in 2022. I am also beyond excited to get the various DLCs of this game so I can experience them all and maybe even do a little bit of a separate review for them. I also must say, the special edition of the physical game is stunning and I still need to get my hands on it somehow.



Will you be entering the world of Rune Factory? Comment down below. And I can not thank Marvelous Games enough for sending me a review copy of this game. It had been on my wishlist for so long, and the second I saw the email, I had to download it immediately and play it and review it. Thank you so much for for entrusting me with this brilliant game. 


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment