Tuesday, November 22, 2022

'Nitro Kid' is the Deck Builder for you

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


In a world of everchanging genres, I feel like one of the recently most utilized and evolved genres lately has been the deck building genre. I truly believe an amazing developer can take what would be a niche genre like this and make it something memorable and beautiful. Today's game has done just that.




Nitro Kid is an incredible roguelike deck builder where you need to craft your deck in order to gain new abilities and skills. This is all done with charming 8-bit style graphics and feels like an amped up arcade game with much more detail than meets the eye initially.




The soundtrack for Nitro Kid is phenomenal and a huge standout part of the game. I found myself being also completely entranced throughout my playthrough of the it, and it was largely due to the fact that this music is truly a thing of beauty. This also complimented the attention to detail in what would usually be simple graphics so well. I also do love that you can pick your special agent out of three options, each one being better than the last.




I highly recommend Nitro Kid to pretty much anyone. Not only is the deck building aspect of the game highly enjoyable, but the game is difficult enough to be fun, but not so difficult that you want to immediately quit. I have already put 8 hours into this game, with many more to come in the near future.




What is your favourite deck builder? Comment down below! Also, a huge thank you to tinyBuild Games for sending me a copy of this game to review! It is amazing!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment