Thursday, November 3, 2022

'Arise: A Simple Story' is an Experience, not Just a Game

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


I am a firm believer that some games are truly a work of art. Some games can truly take you on a full-blown adventure with little to no dialogue, and that's just absolutely beautiful to me. The game I'm about to talk about is no exception.




Arise: A Simple Story is a stunning story-driven 3d platformer that follows a man that has recently died. It follows the man as he goes through the story of his life, essentially reflecting on everything, almost as if "walking towards the light". The gameplay goal is to change the environment around you to make it from start to finish of all of the beautiful levels, such as making snow melt to float higher, or making the flowers bloom to assist you.




The art style of Arise: A Simple Story is truly breathtaking, all while tugging at your heart strings. The story is so deep and unique, this is complimented by the gameplay being thought provoking, but not overly difficult. I found myself entranced by this game the second I picked it up, and now I am truly in love with it. I also love that the music is more for ambience than anything yet is truly beautiful in its own right.





Arise: A Simple Story truly tugs are your heart strings, and |I can't recommend it enough to people that love a beautiful, yet personal feeling experience. That's right, this is more than a game, it's an experience. If you have not yet witnessed the beauty of this game, you are truly in for a treat.



What is a game that you consider a work of art? Comment down below! And a huge thank you to Untold Tales for sending me a key for this game through Lurkit. I am absolutely in love with it and can't recommend it enough.


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment