Sunday, September 29, 2019

Why 'Ring Fit Adventures' Is Better Than 'Wii Fit'

Hey everybody! It's you lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

So, this may not be 100% gaming related, but I have struggled with my physical appearance my whole life. Whether it is from people call me fat often, since I was only 5 years old, to people tell me how bad my skin looks. Fitness has always been something I am not good at improving, even in gaming situations.

For Christmas 2007, my family got a Nintendo with all the usual games, and one very new game, Wii Fit. I was insanely excited that we got Wii Fit, because I thought it would help me with my body image issues and help me lose some weight, so, I played it, I went through the set up, and it told me I was obese during the weigh in. I was absolutely crushed, and even though I was 10 and shouldn't have had to worry about this, it just about broke me.

Recently when I saw Nintendo was releasing another fitness game, I was extremely hesitant. Even 12 years later I am still so insecure about my weight and I was genuinely worried that if I got the new game, it would be history repeating itself. But you know what? I was wrong.

Yesterday I finally watched some footage for Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch, and I am genuinely excited to play it now. It seems the focus is no longer on actual weight, but just getting fit and doing exercise in general. I feel just the general vibe that Ring Fit Adventure has is so much more bright, and I love the RPG aspects and how they kind of make it a fitness game, but also make it as if you're playing it without noticing you're doing a lot of exercise.

I am really excited to buy this game. It is everything that Wii Fit should have been and more. I think it's a really important step in the right direction for the people of both the fitness and gaming community. I can see many of us putting so many hours into this game.

What is your opinion on Ring Fit Adventure? Comment down below!

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer

No comments:

Post a Comment