Friday, December 16, 2022

'Wavetale' is Simply Stunning

 Hey everyone! It's your lad Galaxy Gaymer!


One of the most beautiful things in recent years has been the rise of new and beautiful indie games. These are made by new developers and game dev veterans alike, and it is truly a thing of beauty. So many of these games are getting the love and respect they deserve, and that makes my heart so happy. That brings us to today's game.




Wavetale is a stunning and emotional new third-person action-adventure game that has just blessed all major platforms. It is about discovering stories of the past in an open sea place known as Strandville. You need to uncover Strandville from its dark covers. To travel across the ocean, you use the shadow, who you befriend at the beginning of the game.





Wavetale is simply stunning to put it lightly. Between the gameplay itself, which is simplistic but not too much of a breeze, and the visuals, everything about this game screams incredible. The second I picked this game up, I knew I was in for an exciting day ahead. The customization is impressive, and the quests are all a lot of fun. I must also commend this game for being so effortlessly emotional with the story it told, that just pulled me in even more when playing it.




I recommend Wavetale for indie lovers and platformer lovers alike. This games story and visuals are some of the most impressive I have witnessed in a long time, and while it only lasted 5 hours, that is 5 hours I would happily live repeatedly. This is easily one of the best games 2022 has given us.




What is your favourite indie game of 2022? Comment down below! Also, a huge thank you to the lovely folks at Thunderful Games for sending me a copy of this game for both Switch and Xbox to review. I played both and will probably be doing it again very soon!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment