Friday, December 16, 2022

Adorable + Chaos = 'Saomi'

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


I feel like it's rare that I find a game that is too difficult to enjoy these days. If anything, I find the games that challenge my in some way, shape or form more enjoyable more often than not. I just get this huge adrenaline rush when playing some games, and that feeling is like no other.




Saomi is an adorable yet chaotic 2D platformer where you play a little adventurer, Saomi, who wants to go on an adventure and face new challenges. The goal of this game is simple, make it to the end of each while you are in search of rare diamonds and family treasures. This is all done through 50 different levels.




When you first see the simplicity of Saomi, you really think you're in for a wholesome, relaxing experience. You are wrong. This game is insanely stressful in the best way, and there's just this adrenaline rush as you finish even a section of a level and make it to a checkpoint. Then you can even increase the difficulty and get rid of those checkpoints, making it more stressful, but even more exciting if you do manage to finish a level. Saomi is no walk in the park, but I am obsessed.




 Saomi is perfect for people who love adorable things that are chaotic. It's super reminiscent of a lot of amazing platformers from recent years, all while having its own level of charm. The graphics may be simplistic, but the game itself is purely exciting. Saomi is also such a bargain, and I think that alone is a reason everyone should try it.





What is your favourite game with a massive contrast between graphics and gameplay? Comment down below! Also, a huge thank you to QUByte Interactive for sending me a copy of this game for both Switch and Xbox to review! I loved it so much that I even bought a friend a copy of it so she could live through the chaos!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment