Saturday, December 31, 2022

10 Releases I am Super Hyped for in 2023

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


I feel like every time a new year arrives, my wallet hurts that little bit more. There are so many brilliant games, ports and DLCs to games every year, that it can get a little overwhelming. This is why I tend to at least pick a handful of amazing releases that I will definitely get my hands in every year, and here are 10 of them! I will preface though, these are all based on my personal opinion, and I am not including games that everyone else is excited for that I won't be getting. It's also in no particular order, however some games I am more excited about than others. Let's jump in!



#1: Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (DLC)


Although the release of Cyberpunk 2077 was a bit of a mess, it has shown us all that even some of the most flawed games can be turned into a fan favourite. And with the recent success of Cyberpunk 2077 the game, and the incredible Edgerunners anime, we are getting some new DLC for the game in 2023. We don't know a lot about the DLC, but the trailer we have been shown looks brilliant. Sadly, for some of us, we can't enjoy the DLC on our current hardware due to it being new generation consoles only, but maybe it's one of many great reasons to splurge on something new for ourselves.



#2: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora


Another game that is riding on recent success of its franchise has to be Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. The newest Avatar film was well received by fans and critics alike, and it just so happens that this game was announced around the same time. All eyes will be on this game in 2023, and if it is done right, it could be another huge success for the franchise. This has got to be one of the most anticipated games of the year, and we barely know anything about it. I am so excited to see what this game becomes.



#3: AEW: Fight Forever


AEW Fight Forever may be the game under the most pressure coming out in 2023. While many wrestling fans will love the game regardless, a lot of promises have been made for this game. I would love to see this game flourish and find the success that it deserves, but all eyes truly are on AEW Fight Forever as their rival gets ready for their next annual game release. I'm excited for this one, and am kind of grateful it's included on Game Pass upon release.



#4: Digimon World: Next Order (Port)


Sometimes, there's just nothing quite like a franchise having a game ported to more platforms for more accessibility for the fans. Digimon World: Next Order is probably one of the most beautiful games I have never played from one of my all-time favourite franchises. Years of debating whether I need a PS4 are finally put to rest now this amazing game is coming to Nintendo Switch and PC very early in 2023. I honestly can't wait to embark on this adventure.




#5: Minecraft Legends


Minecraft Legends may be the most unexpected spinoff we didn't know we needed. The second this was announced, there was quite a lot of confusion, but plenty of excitement at the same time. Minecraft, to this day, is one of the most successful franchises of all time, and it just keeps building up this amazing resume of new content, and amazing spinoffs. Minecraft Legends seems pretty straightforward, but that doesn't mean it won't probably be amazing to play.



#6: Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly


Coffee Talk may be one of the most amazing indie games off all time, and Part 2 is looking to live up to the same level of amazingness. We haven't seen tons of footage for this game, but we kind of don't need to. There's just something about this series in general that is so enticing, and it feels like they could do no wrong. I am so excited to see what they do with this new entry to the series in 2023.



#7: Hogwarts Legacy


Although Hogwarts Legacy is riddled with controversy, it doesn't change the fact that I am personally super excited to play this game. This game is everything any fan of the wizarding world has ever hoped for, and I can just see myself playing this game for hours on end and loving every second of it. It looks brilliant, and April can't come fast enough for older generation console owners like myself.



#8: Fire Emblem: Engage


Perhaps one of the earliest, but still one of the most exciting releases of 2023, Fire Emblem: Engage has so much potential, and I know even some of the most dedicated fans of the series can agree. This game will give us characters from many eras of the franchise's history, and it just simply looks incredible. This is one I can't wait to get my hands on as soon as release day is here.



#9: Star Wars: Jedi Survivor


When it is released, all eyes are truly on Star Wars: Jedi Survivor. This game has the challenge from day one of being the sequel to one of the greatest Star Wars games ever, but this doesn't stop it from already looking like a masterpiece in its own right. This game is already looking like it will be one of the best games of the year, and I can guarantee we will be talking about it for years to come following its release.



#10: Lollipop Chainsaw (Remake)


Lollipop Chainsaw is easily one of my favourite games of all time, and I almost literally cried the day it was announced that we are getting a remaster. There's just something about this game that gets me so hyped up and makes me feel so happy. Although remakes may not always be a good thing, I think this is one that is going to be welcomed with open arms. I can't wait to get this one the second it comes out in 2023.


What games are you most excited for in 2023? Comment down below!


Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment