Saturday, December 31, 2022

My Top 5 Games of 2022

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


2022 was a surprisingly busy year for many of our favourite franchises in gaming. Some made their long-awaited returns, some had new additions, and some just improved beyond our wildest dreams. While there were so many, I still managed to pick just 5 that stood out the most to me personally, and here they are. But before I start, let me just remind you this is my personal list, and if you don't love games on this list, that is totally fine, I would love to hear about your favourite games of 2022! These are also in order of 5th best to 1st best for me personally. Let's jump in!



#5: Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars


I feel like not including this game in my list would have been an absolute crime. Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars is a crossover that fans of both series have been dying to have for years, and 2022 is the year this finally came to life. This game for me was a huge standout in both franchises' catalogues, and I feel like it just sets a beautiful example of how amazing a crossover can be.



#4: Digimon Survive


I feel like Digimon Survive is one of those games that we waited an eternity for, but for me it was totally worth waiting every second. I am a huge fan of the Digimon franchise, and this game is a perfect example of the franchise doing something that other franchises probably could never do. Digimon Survive may have been heavily criticized, but I truly think most of those people just didn't read anything about the game and assumed it would be your average turn-based RPG. This is a game I have adored since the first teasers were shown, and it did not disappoint when it was finally released.



#3: Sonic Frontiers


Now, I may sound a little old in a second, but apart from dabbling in Sonic Forces a while back and not touching it since, my last really Sonic game was Sonic Heroes. Although it may be completely different to any games of the franchise I have played, Sonic Frontiers may very well be one of the best games to be released in the entirety of the franchise's lifespan. This game is truly magnificent, has so much to collect and do, and there is going to somehow be even more added to it in the future which is insane to me. This is one people have underestimated, but I am so glad that I had the pleasure of playing this game thanks to an amazing friend who I love with all my heart, even without her spoiling the heck out of me.



#2: Pokémon Scarlet/ Violet


To say Pokémon Scarlet and Violet have been heavily criticized is an understatement. Long before they were even released, people were ready to hate on them with a closed mind, but you know what? I knew I would fall in love with them, and I did. These games have their flaws, but what games don't? Overall, these games have taken the beloved formula of Pokémon, and made it into a whole new experience, all while keeping the things we love. There's so much to do in these games, and the story is as deep as ever, I just fell in love with them instantly and could never imagine 2022 without them.



#1: WWE 2k22


I feel like most of the games I adored this year were heavily criticized, and honestly that's fine. WWE 2k22 is probably my most played game of the year, and I regret nothing. There's just something about the variety of things to do in this game that draw me in so much. I love every single mode in this game, especially My Faction, and I haven't even 100% the game's achievements yet. There's so much to do and I just love everything about it. And that's why it was an easy pick for the #1 spot this year.


What were your favourite games of 2022? Comment down below! 2022 is done and dusted, but maybe 2023 will hold some even more amazing things. Happy New Year and stay safe friends!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment