Friday, January 6, 2023

'Covid Kawaii!', the Cutest Response to the Pandemic

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


The pandemic has been an interesting time for all kinds of media to say the least. There have been plenty of insensitive forms of media released in relation to it, but every now and then there's positive things that are honestly pure art. That brings us to today's game.

Covid Kawaii is a beyond adorable casual indie strategy game where the goal seems simple, place various object themed characters to sidetrack and destroy the various covid particles trying to take over the world. There are 12 different maps to do this on, with multiple levels. All of which become increasingly harder and make you think a hell of a lot harder.

It goes without saying that I was a little hesitant at first when I heard about Covid Kawaii, but when I heard some positive things about it from one of my best friends, I knew it would be a game I'd love. This game is absolutely adorable. The characters are all things like hand sanitizer and bar soap that we have all become all too familiar with the last few years, and the game is in your face about using these products, but all without being intimidating or aggressive. The music is also a lot of fun and compliments the game so well, all with the most positively corny and marvelous man made sound affects that never fail to make me smile. I am also really fascinated to try the Twitch Mode in the future as it seems like loads of fun.

Covid Kawaii is not by any means an easy game as expected, but I think the level of challenge is such a nice contrast to the adorable style of the game. This game is perfect for strategy gamers that are looking for something cute for a change without leaving their roots completely. I also think this game would be perfect for the Nintendo Switch or even other consoles in the future if Wade Arcade was willing to consider something like that.

What is your favourite piece of media covid has given us? Comment down below! Also, lots of love to Wade Arcade for making this game in general, and giving me a review copy! I really appreciate it!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment