Thursday, November 7, 2019

'Sigi - A Fart for Melusina', A Truly Wonderful Hidden Gem

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

There's a certain charm that comes with all retro and retro-styled and inspired games. These are the type of game that can bring you so much happiness, relaxation, and a sense of nostalgia. I have always had a special place in my heart for these types of games.

Upon first discovering 'Sigi - A Fart for Melusina', I was in instant awe with just the concept of the game. It is a retro-styled sidescroller where the protagonist, Sigi, farts near a mermaid who gets scared and runs away. In each level of the game you have to fight of enemies and collect both the letters of Sigi's name, and coins. Each level got progressively harder, but this also meant that I got more hooked with each moment I played.

The humour in this game is something I haven't seen in many of this genre of game, but I honeslty welcomed it with open arms. The levels were also just hard enough to challenge me, but not completely want to throw my Switch across the room and cry. I really appreciate the simplicity of this game despite being so uncoordinated that even the first boss battle was a tough encounter for me.

All in all, this game can be completed within an hour, and I am sure some people would be able to complete it even quicker. 'Sigi - A Fart for Melusina' is a true hidden gem that I wished I had found much sooner, and I truly think that anybody could find enjoyment in this game. I will be playing this game for sure again soon.

What is a retro styled game that you love? Comment down below! 

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment