Thursday, November 14, 2019

'Woven', A Wholesome Journey

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

So, it goes without saying that indie games can be some of the most important games out there. Whether they are retro-styled gems, or beautiful masterpieces, there is always this feeling that draws us to indie games. I have discovered so many amazing games, but none quite as spectacular as today's game.


Woven is a knitted adventure game that showcases a beautiful world, made almost entirely out of wool. You control the adorable protagonist, Stuffy, as he goes on a big adventure with his newly found pal Glitch, a metal insect, to help job Glitch's memory. Stuffy may be an elephant in the beginning, but you can change to multiple different animals which have different abilities that can help Stuffy reach new areas. You also discover different materials in almost every area which can change the look of Stuffy, which can also be used to overcome a few obstacles you face. 

There is something so unique and whimsical about the concept of this game. The story is so touching, for once it's not all about action, and I instantly found myself drawn to the main characters. The music was maybe have also been one huge part, but it's the narrator that really caught my attention, it was almost reminiscent of a kids book being read, and I appreciated its simplicity, yet surprising amount of depth.

I think anybody could truly enjoy Woven, and appreciate it for the amazing adventure it is. Although the concept may seem basic, I think it takes a lot of deep thought to realise all the lessons that are being taught. I think the collectathon aspect can also make the replayability of the game almost a given. I believe the developers of this game, Alterego Games, and the publishers Stickylock Studios are going to be amazing things in the future, just like they showcased in Woven.


What is your favourite indie game that has graced your life this year? Comment down below! I really enjoyed playing this game and writing this review, and I'm insanely grateful that I even received early access to it, I also look forward to working with these amazing people in the future! 

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer

1 comment: