Wednesday, April 19, 2023

'Kao the Kangaroo', A Visit From an Old Friend

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


There's nothing quite like a platformer, let alone a platformer from a franchise being reignited. When a franchise returns, it's just like an old friend appearing out of nowhere, and you can talk as if you had only seen each other the day before. It is truly one of the most serotonin filled feelings.




Kao the Kangaroo is a brilliant 3d platformer revival of the series of the same name. It follows a very bubbly Kangaroo named Kao (woah, that's the name of the game) who wants to find out what has happened to his father. There's multiple amazing collectibles and worlds, and I feel like it has all the aspects of the greatest platformers of all time.




First of all, I will preface, I knew from the second I saw Kao the Kangaroo that I was going to fall in love with this game. It has all the features that myself and so many platformer lovers have come to know and love. The characters are so charming, the levels are beautiful, and in general the gameplay is an absolute blast. It feels like there are a lot of 3d platformers in this day and age, but this one is exactly what I needed to scratch that itch. I love the base game so much, and I can not wait until the day I can get the DLC.




Kao the Kangaroo is a perfect starting point or even returning point for lovers of the platformer genre. It's so beautifully made and is extremely charming. Not only is Kao the Kangaroo amazing, but it's so reasonably priced, and on all major platforms, that you can have that nostalgic feeling with a new friend. This game is amazing, and I can't wait to see what lies in the future for it.




What is your favourite 3D platformer? Comment down below! Also, a MASSIVE thank you to Tate Multimedia for the review copy of the game. I literally got emotional when I saw it on Lurkit, and I am eternally grateful for you guys trusting me.


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment