Friday, March 24, 2023

'Scappage' is Unforgivingly Fun

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


There's something so simplistically exciting about a good old twin stick shooter. It's such a retro styled mechanic in shooters, but when used correctly it is just so timeless. I also truly believe that there are so many newer twin sticks shooters that just stand out so well among the rest, all while still having that feeling of nostalgia we know and love.




Scrappage is an incredible new twin stick shooter with roguelike elements. This game is set in the scarily not too distant future, and it is probably the most difficult game within the twin stick genre to date. The aim of the game is simple on paper, avoid death, but the chances of dying are so regular that this objective may simply just be impossible for most.




Scrappage is unforgiving in each level, when you think you're about to finish it, more often than not the boss at the end of the level says otherwise. Although, I would be lying if I didn't say this game is delightful visually. Although it may sit on the grim line between virtual reality and actual reality, I really love the style of this game. It just drew me in from the second I started playing it, and I quickly become obsessed. The upgrades that make your character customizable are also really amazing and I feel the completionist in me yearning to 100% the game still.



I highly recommend Scrappage to anyone who loves the retro style of twin stick shooters, but really need a new challenge in their life. This game is a lot of gameplay for what is essentially the same price as a coffee, and quality-wise it is miles above that, it's such a steal.




What is your favourite twin stick shooter? Comment down below! Also, a huge thank you to Geekspree Gamses for sending me a copy of the game to review! I really love it!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment