Tuesday, March 14, 2023

'Iris and the Giant', a Console Port Fit for Royalty

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

There's something just so beautiful about amazing games being ported to other platforms. It not only allows the games to get some usually much deserved exposure, but it also means a wider audience can fall in love with a game that others have already fallen in love with. Today does this, all while being a full circle moment for myself.

Iris and the Giant is a beautiful yet sombre game that I reviewed all the way back in March 2020, and it has just blessed Xbox and Playstation consoles with a port. It is a beautiful collection card game with rpg and roguelike elements where you uncover parts of Iris' past, and you discover in-depth recollection of her memories bit by bit.

I could say it a million times and it still be true, but Iris and the Giant is one of the most stunningly minimalistic games that has come to consoles in recent years. I knew this game would absolutely thrive on any platform is appears on, and it is by far one of the smoothest ports I have played. The atmosphere and general melancholic vibe just feels so peaceful yet dark, and playing this game again just made me fall in love with it all over again. The art style may be a huge highlight of it, but the deck building is by far my favourite part of Iris and the Giant. Getting to build up your strength is such a fun experience, and I couldn't put it down for days on end.

I highly recommend Iris and the Giant to anyone that hasn't played it in general. Replaying it was like seeing a loved one for the first time in a long time, and I just feel like anyone could find something to love within this game. It's a must have, on PC or console. This is a port done perfectly.

What is your favourite recent port that has been released? Comment down below! Also, a huge thank you to Klabater for sending me a copy of the game to review, it's as amazing as I remember! 

Have a nice day! 

Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment