Saturday, October 1, 2022

'Witchcrafty' is Simply Stunning

 Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!


There has been a huge boost in the metroidvania market lately, and I am definitely not complaining. While some may call it oversaturated, I call it a treasure trove of possibilities. While some characteristics are almost a given in metroidvanias, the most important thing has definitely got to be to make sure your game stands out among the rest. Today's game has definitely achieved that.



Witchcrafty is a beautiful metroidvania platformer where you play a little witch who essentially needs to explore the magical world around her and decipher and fix what is wrong with the world. In order to do this, you will come across all types of creatures such as predatory plants within the forest. Like any amazing platformer, you also get to collect all types of things along the way such as coins and crystals.



First of all, this game is absolutely stunning. Like, seriously, I can't remember the last time I played such a beautiful metroidvania, but this one just blew me away. And the music was both new and fresh, but also reminiscent of some of the all-time greatest games of the genre. I just love this game more than words can explain, and I finished it like many games, in one setting. It was difficult, but not impossible.



I won't compare this game to the games it shares some similarities with. Instead, I'll just say that anyone that has played and enjoyed a metroidvania with a really nice story needs to play this. I have not felt so refreshed by a metroidvania in a long time, but Witchcrafty certainly did the trick. This game comes to Nintendo Switch on October 13th, so I highly recommend everyone grabs it.



What is your favourite metroidvania? Comment down below! Also, a huge thank you to PigeonDev for sending me a code for this game, and of course my friends at Sometimes You for publishing this game on Switch!


Have a nice day!


Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment