Monday, March 18, 2019

'Tokyo School Life' is an ADDICTION

Hey guys! It's your lad here, Galaxy Gaymer.

Now, one thing I have noticed since getting my Switch last year, the eShop really has a insanely broad variety of games that just keeps coming and coming. One type of game I have seen the most of is visual novels. Nintendo has a surprising amount of visual novels, specifically ones that are both a high school and dating sim combined. I have found myself really enjoying this kind of game lately, too!

As some may know, PQube is kind of my go-to publisher to purchase games from, as they have such a wide variety of games that take me a little out of my old comfort zone and really push me to try games I would never try previously! Recently, PQube bought out a new game that is one of these games that has made me REALLY broaden my horizons, with a game by the name of 'Tokyo School Life'.

Tokyo School Life, as I said, is a high school dating sim, but it has a bit more of a twist to it than the average high school dating sim. Your character is actually a foreign student who is only in Japan for 2 months and, unlike many games like this, you don't have a barrage of choice to make, just enough to make you able to end up with your desired ending. There are multiple endings but I actually unintentionally ended up with literally the most boring ending possible in my first play-through.
 The visuals in this game a beautifully done and not too complex, which I really appreciate. The length of the game also isn't too short or too long! My first play-through the the game lasted a bit over two hours which I really appreciated, but the ending came very suddenly, due to the choices that I made. I say the replayability of this game is very strong and literally the day after I finished playing I started it again. This continued to happen until now, when I have put over 20 hours into this game in a few weeks!

I'd say this game is really well suited for someone who wants to start out in playing visual novel-type games as it really steadily introduces you to the genre. I must also say, it has the right amount of lewd aspects to the game to make it not too off-putting, but more to make you really happy throughout the whole story, which is a huge highlight of the game.

I will surely be doing more reviews on games such as this one very soon, so stay tuned! What is a Visual Novel, especially on the Nintendo Switch, that you really enjoyed and think I should try next? Feel free to comment and I will surely be considering any and all recommendations!

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer x

No comments:

Post a Comment