Thursday, July 21, 2022

5 LotR Games You Should Play Before Gollum

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

Nothing is more exciting than when a new game is being released for your favourite franchise. The release of Lord of the Rings: Gollum in less than two months is no exception to this excitement. This may not be the first game to be published for this series, but it's by far the most exciting in my opinion. But in the mean time while we try to hold in our excitement, here are my top five past Lord of the Rings games that I recommend you play!

Lego: The Hobbit is a lot like other Lego games, a subtle yet accurature reenactment of the films it is based on. The Hobbit films hold such a special place in my heart, and this game just follows the story so well, all while keeping the charm of an average Lego game. I highly recommend watching the films first, but this game is a must play for fans of the trilogy and people who want to experience it alike.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King game is one of my favourite games of all time, based on one of my favourite films of all time. There's just something so satisfying about the combat in this game. It may not be a mega deep dive, but it follows the most important points for sure. I vividly remember replaying this game more times than I can count, and I still get the urge to play it all these years later regularly.

Lego: The Lord of the Rings may be my favourite Lego game of all time. There's just something about it that keeps all the magic of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, all while being hilariously charming in its own right. This is one of many games that needs a remake someday, and I honestly think if you had to play one game from this list before September, it's this one.

I know what you're thinking, and yes, it's really strange that I have a mobile game on here, but The Lord of the Rings: Rise To War is pretty amazing for a mobile game. It's a pretty hefty one, but I think you can't really go wrong trying a free to play game. It's a strategy game that was only released in September 2021, and it's updated frequently, and it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but a lot of people including myself have a lot of fun with this game.

No game has a similar magical feeling to the magic of Tolkien's world as much as Lord of the Rings Online. There's just something so fun and exciting about experiencing this game, and it feels like you're part of that world. It is free to play the base of the game, but their is loads of additional content that you can pay for if you please. This game is one of the best MMOs out there.

With The Lord of the Rings: Gollum approaching fast, these are just a few of the amazing games from the franchise you could try out. What is a game that I may have missed on the list? Comment down below!

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer 

No comments:

Post a Comment