Tuesday, November 16, 2021

'The Legend of Icaro', A Standout in the Metroidvania Genre

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

The metroidvania genre is crowded to say the least. It feels like there are so many games, yet not many that are truly able to stand out above the rest. It is a rarity for a game in the genre to feel fresh and new, but this game has managed to do it for sure.


The Legend of Icaro is a metroidvania styled shooter where you need to free men from machines, and uncover mysteries within the world. This is a 3rd person game and there are a lot of platforming elements in it. The aim is to make it through each level, fight enemies and overcome many obstacles. There are also a lot of amazing NPCs in this game.


I am not usually much of a fan of the metroidvania genre, but this game was instantly an exception to that feeling. This game has some basic but really nice graphics, and I feel like it is really well made for a game created by just one developer. I also really love the soundtrack of this game, and it just makes me want to fly through the amazing environment and complete all sections. The character design is also just generally amazing, I'm a huge fan of it.


This game is perfect for metroidvania fans, and I think it would also be a decent dip into the genre for new people. I also think it has a lot of replayability as it just made me want to go through it all again and complete it faster and faster. It is a really amazing game in a genre that is a little bit overrun but mediocre games.


What is your favourite metroidvania game? Comment down below! Also a huge thank you to Abyzzmo Entertainment for giving me a copy of this game! I really enjoyed it!

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! For playing and reviewing my game! I'm still working hard to improve the player experience and adding much more content, I loved this article and I send you a big hug, I hope to offer more entertainment and make many more games with much more quality in the future, I continue to learn every day , Again, thank you very much! I appreciate it very much

    ReplyDelete