Friday, December 20, 2019

'Spirit Roots', Spookily Adorable

Hey everyone! It's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer!

For as long as I can remember, platformers have been one of the biggest genres in gaming. There are new and amazing platformers more often than I can tell, and it's by far one of the most exciting things. More importantly, not only do platforms get released all the time, but they just get increasingly more amazing every time. 


Spirits Roots is a platformer with an artistic style that is inspired by the amazing film Coraline. The story follows a whole star system that has for the most part, been deatroyed. This leaves them with multiple pieces of various planets, so they stitch all of the planets together into one planet, which then gets split by the antagonsists. The adorable protagonist needs to save the planet by getting through the 50 areas which are on 5 different parts of the broken planet.


The music in Spirit Roots is stunning and so fitting. I both enjoyed listening to it during my plathrough and I also really want to somehow grab the soundtrack for my general playlist. I also really appreciate the level of difficulty during the level progression, which is really well complimented by the sheet beauty of the world's themselves. It took me roughly 5 hours to beat the game on Switch, which was equally as amazing graphic-wise as the PC version.


This game is the kind of gaming that I think anyone can enjoy and lose themself in. Whether it's on Steam or Nintendo Switch, for the cheap price or $10.50AUD (Switch) or $6.96AUD (Steam), it would be a huge mistake not to buy it! How could you not buy it with the beautiful art style?


What is your favourite part of platformers? Comment down below! And also, a huge thank you to the publishers of Spirit Roots and Breathing Fear, Drageus Games S.A for sending me the codes for both Switch and Steam for this game! And also a huge thank you to Forward games for developing such an incredible game! I really appreciate it and I really loved the game!

Have a nice day!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer

No comments:

Post a Comment