Thursday, February 14, 2019

My Connection With Banjo Kazooie

Hey guys, it's your lad, Galaxy Gaymer. In this post I will be talking about a very important game in my life that I have played from as early as I can remember and I still play it this day. I hope you enjoy!

Ever since I can remember, Banjo Kazooie has been a very important part of my life. When you enter the world of Banjo Kazooie, nothing else matters. The art style and main characters create this instant infatuation like no other and it's as if nothing else in the real world matters while you are playing it.

Banjo Kazooie was on of the earliest games I remember playing as a little kid. I remember literally never getting further then Clanker's Cavern, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. The protagonists Banjo the bear and Kazooie the bird often gave me that feeling of excitement, even throughout the quite melancholy story line. I was hooked from day one, and I still am.

Although this game is one of my favourite games of all time, it honestly took me most of my life to far to actually be able to complete it. I have never completed this game in its original form on the Nintendo 64, but in 2018, I finally completed the remastered version which was part of Rare Replay. That's right, it took me more than 15 years to even complete a single game, but completing it gave me a huge sense of achievement nevertheless.

I highly recommend playing Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and maybe even Nuts & Bolts. I think anyone can at least enjoy any of these games. There is a certain feeling of self satisfaction that comes with the feeling of collecting all the items and completing the game. It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games EVER made. There is also the hope that someday this franchise is reborn, but I don't want to get mine, or anyone else's hopes up too much.

What is a game that has played a huge part in your life? Comment down below! I would love to hear about some of the games that have meant the world to you and why!

Love, Galaxy Gaymer

No comments:

Post a Comment